Chocolate Cinnamon Cake Donuts

Have you invested in donut pans yet? Well why not?? 
Here's a good reason why: today's recipe.
I loooooooove my donut pants. I bought them with birthday money, back in November, and those pans and I have never looked back. So far, I've made vanilla and two different kinds of chocolate. The chocolate ones have been my favorite, and this one takes the cake! Donut. Cake donut. Get it?

Anyways, chocolate and cinnamon together is a very good combination. In fact I recommend mixing in the amount on the recipe, and then add more to your taste. I probably ended up putting in a whole teaspoon. I just felt it wasn't coming out enough in the batter. It's up to you :) Also, if you don't want to make the glaze (you totally should) then you can sprinkle powdered sugar on them.


Chocolate Cinnamon Cake Donuts

Ingredients:
1 cup Flour
1 cup Sugar
3/4 cup Cocoa Powder
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
3/4 cup Buttermilk
1/4 cup Canola Oil or Applesauce
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
1 egg

Directions:
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray donut pans with cooking spray. 
In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg, buttermilk (I use buttermilk powder), oil and vanilla. Set aside. In a large bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients. Pour the buttermilk mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until combined. Fill the prepared doughnut pan 2/3 full and bake about 12 minutes or when a tester is inserted it comes out clean. Let cool before removing and finish on a baking rack. For the glaze, combine 1 cup powdered sugar to 4TB milk. Whisk until smooth. Dunk cooled donuts into glaze and let cool on a wired rack for the glaze to harden.




When I fill my donut pan, I put all of the batter into a gallon sized ziploc bag (although a quart would probably suffice for this recipe) and snip off a corner like so. It just makes it easier to fill the compartments. Although it's still as messy as using a spoon. Either way, you'll have a mess on your hands. A chocolatey, cinnamony mess.
Mmmmmm


Here they are before baking. Try and make sure there isn't a lot of batter on the center part of the donut, or else they will bake weird. 


And after! As you can see, I was not as good at eyeballing each donuts amount as I thought I was.


The pretty side.


I did the glaze, and I dunked the ugly side (the side not in the pan when baking). I just dunked them right into the bowl that I mixed the glaze in. After dunking them all once, I let them set for a minute and then did it again. Because you can't have enough glaze.

Seriously though, these are really easy to mix up on a busy OR lazy morning, and very delicious too. Definitely do the glaze! Or powdered sugar. But definitely, the glaze.

Recipe Source: Finding Frenchie