Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie

I made a declaration, about a week ago, on Facebook, proclaiming that I would bake my way through "Our Best Bites" dessert recipes. Generally, when one makes declarations, especially on Facebook, one has to follow up with them. So, here today, I have for you a chocolate chip cookie pie, as it were.
This is really very, VERY good pie. If you don't like pie but you like chocolate chip cookies, there's a very good chance you will like this.

Here's the thing, however. I am dumb. So, so dumb. Remember how sometimes I read through a recipe too quickly and screw things up? I really REALLY need to stop doing that. This calls for 1 and 1/2 sticks of butter. I read that as 1 and 1/2 CUPS.... As I was mixing in the butter (all 3 sticks of it...) I was thinking 'wow this looks at a lot lighter, and more buttery than in the pictures on the website' and then I looked at the recipe again and did a humongous forehead slap. I panicked and then I thought 'Okay! OKAY! I'll just double everything! It'll be fine!' Except I only had one egg left. I don't know what I was thinking only having one egg left in my abode. I looked at the bowl, just full of unused ingredients, I looked at the one egg, and I said "Oh to heck with it! We're trying this anyways!" And really it worked out. Much like the pumpkin cinnamon roll cake, in which I forgot the eggs entirely..., this turned out good, and I'm really interested in making it again except this time with the right amount of ingredients :D

Also, I have a pie's worth of batter sitting in my fridge and I don't know what to do with it....


Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie
1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust, homemade or store-bought.
2 large eggs
1/2 C flour
1/2 C white granulated sugar
1/2 C packed brown sugar
3/4 C real butter, softened (1 1/2 sticks)
1 C chocolate chips (semi-sweet or dark works best, you might find milk too sweet)
1 C chopped pecans (you are welcome to make it without nuts)
Vanilla ice cream, or sweetened whipped cream for serving (a must!  I prefer ice cream)
optional: chocolate sauce (honestly, doesn’t really need chocolate sauce, but it looks pretty!)
Preheat oven to 325° F.
Beat eggs in large mixer bowl on high speed until foamy. Beat in flour, granulated sugar and brown sugar. Beat in butter. Stir in morsels and nuts. Spoon into pie shell.
Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted halfway between edge and center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack or serve slightly warmed.  Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.

Please can we not even talk about the issues I had with how high up to do the crust. I had a beautiful crust in the plate, and then I put the filling in and it was a good half inch below the crust. So I hurried and just mushed it all down. (I need a smaller pie plate than this one. I love you Paula Deen, but your pie plates are more deep dish)


Obviously, I shouldn't have mushed the crust down so far, because the filling rose a little higher while baking. Basically, this pie was a disaster because of the person making it, but I would HIGHLY recommend that you make it yourself and make it better than I did. Because it's delicious. And you probably have all of the ingredients in your house right now.


See? Delicious. The chocolate chips kind of settle on the bottom for this chocolately, flaky pie dough goodness. Oh man it's good. Eat it with ice cream or whipped cream! Or both!


Recipe Source: Our Best Bites - seriously an awesome site for recipes, you'll see more desserts popping up over here, from over there!