A Yuletide Experiment

Okay, I know I promised that my next Christmas treat posting would be my mom's caramels, but my candy thermometer and I are on the outs currently. You know, a real "she said, it said" type of thing.
Anyways, the other day I was talking to my mom about these:


These are the sorts of things my mother and I talk about frequently. Have you ever had the pleasure of eating a candy cane kiss? This is the time of year when all kinds of kiss flavors start making appearances. Some are great! Some...hmmm.
So, I said to her, I says "I've been thinking about doing maybe a chocolate cookie with those candy cane kisses, kind of like the peanut butter blossoms." And mom says "Ooo like a brownie cookie!" And I said "Now you're talkin'!!!"
It might not have been just like that, but close. I don't have a brownie cookie recipe, so I went in search of one, and I found Martha Stewart's. It's alright. I was really hoping for thicker, fluffier cookies. The batter for these was basically just brownie batter. They didn't seem very cookie like at all, and they spread all over the place and were thin. Here's how they looked:


Cute, I suppose. Yummy looking, maybe. My frosting/glaze was a very spur of the moment minty concoction that I was not at all pleased with.

At this point, I am bound and determined to make this chocolate/brownie/minty/candy cane kiss combination work in some form or fashion.

This is where y'all come in. Have any of you ever made anything like that or seen anything like that? If so, please pass it on to me! I'd love to do a tried and true recipe, or combine a bunch of different ideas into something awesome!

I will not rest, this holiday season, until I have figured this out AND it becomes magical!!! So, if you have any thoughts, or ideas, either leave me a comment or email me sandiroughton@hotmail.com. Please entitle the email "Yuletide Experiment" as it will probably go to my junk folder first...

And you KNOW I'll be sharing the outcome on here!!