Lemon-Lime Poppy Seed Cake

Sometimes, you want to make a really good cake. Sometimes, you want to make a really good cake and not exert much effort in doing so. If you fall in the second category ever, then this post is for YOU! Get excited :) I really wanted to bake a cake yesterday, but it had been a hectic day and I didn't have the time or patience to make a full-blown homemade cake, so I consulted with my Taste of Home cake mix book (I loooooove Taste of Home. Did you know you can get all of their recipes FREE??). I didn't take a bunch of pictures this time around because it's pretty easy and I didn't feel like I needed to reassure you on any of the steps by showing you what mine was looking like.


Lemon and poppy seeds are a match made in heaven. For further proof, check this
post out.


Lemon-lime poppy seed cake
1 package (18 1/4 oz) yellow cake mix
1 package (3.4 oz) instant vanilla pudding
1/4 cup poppy seeds
4 eggs
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup canola oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup lime juice
GLAZE: 1 3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
2 TB lemon juice
2 TB lime juice


1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds; beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into a greased and floured 10 inch fluted tube pan.
2. Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
3. In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients until smooth, drizzle over cake.



Enjoy :)