Ginger Lemon Poppyseed Cheesecake Cupcakes

Isn't that a mouthful? Ginger lemon poppyseed cheesecake cupcakes. A really good mouthful :) This is another creation I got from the wonderful lady over at http://www.cupcakeproject.com/. What is it about combining lemon and poppyseeds that is just wonderful??

Sad news on this blog. Mike's mom wanted her camera back...so the quality of the pictures is...well they're there and that's what matters!



Look at that. Cream cheese. This is the reason a diet would never work for me.



I just want to take this moment to say, I love my Kitchenaid mixer.



Before.



After.

At first I thought "Oh no! They're cracked and sinking!" But they're supposed to.
And then you cover them in delicious whipped frosting and it doesn't matter what the top looks like anyway.

Exhibit A:


A couple things I should have done differently with this post. First, I didn't even THINK of unwrapping one of them to take a picture of the 3 layers: gingersnap crust, lovely yellow cheesecake sprinkled with black seeds, and ginger specked frosting.
Second, after frosting the cupcakes, I left them on the counter overnight...I don't know about you, but I am not willing to eat a dairy product that's been left out overnight. Mike was sad. So I made him chocolate chip cookies. I should post that recipe sometime...

I HIGHLY recommend this cheesecake/cupcake recipe. It's remarkably easy for their unique combination of flavor and textures, and it has great options for making it look extra special. Make these cheesecake/cupcakes!!!!! Now!!!