Red Velvet Gooey Butter Cookies

Okay, how about one more red velvet recipe since today is the "love" day? Mike and I don't really celebrate it because our anniversary is less than a month away, so we'd rather spend money on each other then. I suppose if I had to choose a side, whether or not to like Valentine's Day, I would be against. I remember getting worked up every year that I was single, being bummed that I wasn't with anyone, and that stunk. It really stunk. And I know that there are a ton of people out there feeling that way, and that's probably the main reason I don't care much for Valentine's Day. Also, RIDICULOUS waste of money for one day when you should be treating your sweetheart year round. And I don't mean spending ridiculous amounts of money on them year round. Leave love notes, go on a walk, or bake them these cookies :)
My sweetheart likes them!

(these things are ALL over the internet right now, and for good reason, they're delicious)


Red Velvet Gooey Butter Cookies
Ingredients
  • 8-oz cream cheese, at room temperature
  • 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 box red velvet cake mix
  • confectioners' sugar, for dusting
Instructions
  • In the bowl of a mixer, cream together the cream cheese and the butter. Beat in the egg, then the vanilla. Beat in the cake mix until completely combined. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
  • Preheat the oven to 350°F.
  • Roll the chilled dough into tablespoon sized balls. Roll in confectioners' sugar, and place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven for 12 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
I baked mine a little longer than the recipe recommended. The first round I did for 12 minutes and they were TOO gooey. The second round I did a minute longer and they were JUST right! Also, instead of rolling in sugar, you could bake them and then drizzle some melted white chocolate on top. It's up to you!

(my camera did no justice to the beautiful redness of this dough)


This dough is SUPER sticky. Definitely do not skip the refrigerating part. It'll be ten times stickier if you do.


YUM <3

Recipe Source: Taste and Tell