Snickerdoodle Cupcakes

I like snickerdoodles. I like cupcakes. This is almost as magical a marriage as peanut butter and chocolate.
What am I saying? Nothing is even close to being as magical as that marriage!
But still, these are good. Real good. 
They turned out a bit muffiny, and I could've kicked myself. Every time (well USUALLY every time...) I try a new recipe, I always check on whatever I'm baking 2 to 3 minutes sooner than the recipe says to, just because you never know how your oven will cook something new. For some reason I let these go the full amount of time without checking them, so they were a little dry and I think the slight over baking also contributed to the muffininess of it all. But they were still really good, and the frosting is delicious! I think it would be really good for a cake, or even on chocolate cupcakes.

On a completely different note, things will be changing a bit around here in the very near future. I realized last week that I don't like having two blogs, but I love both of my blogs. Luckily I'm married to someone who likes to create websites, so before too long my two blogs will be one and the same! "A Pinch of Salt and Battering" will be no more (I really never did like the name anyways...) and it will all be "Mrs. the Pants!" So you can get recipes from me AND read all of my ramblings in one, convenient place. Isn't that great? It's like Christmas.
Once it's up and going, if you happen to come back to this particular blog, it will redirect you to the new web address. However if you want to continue following, you will need to set that up at my new site. 
I'm very excited. I'll have a recipe section and everything so it should make it a bit easier if you want to look for something in particular.

ANYWAYS! Today's recipe :)

Snickerdoodle Cupcakes with Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting

1 box white cake mix
1 cup milk
1/2 cup butter, melted
3 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp ground cinnamon

Heat oven to 350. Line two 12 capacity cupcake pans with paper liners.
Combine all of the above ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Blend with an electric mixer on low speed for 1 minute. Stop the mixer and scrape down the side of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Increase mixer speed to medium and beat 2 minutes more, scraping side again if needed. Using a standard ice cream scoop, fill each liner two-thirds full.
Bake cupcakes at 350 until they are golden brown and spring back when lightly pressed with your finger, about 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven and cool cupcakes in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes. Remove cupcakes directly to the wire racks and cool completely, 30 minutes more.

Frosting:
1/2 cup butter, softened
3 3/4 cup confectioner's sugar
3 TB milk, additional may be needed
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp ground cinnamon (I added in a little more to taste, I just love cinnamon so much...)

Place the butter in a large mixing bowl. Blend with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds, or until fluffy. Stop the mixer and add in the sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon. Blend with mixer on low until sugar is incorporated, 1 minute. Increase speed to medium and beat until light and fluffy, 1 minute more. Blend in up to 1 tablespoon additional milk if frosting seems too stiff. Spread onto cooled cupcakes.




The batter is going to be a little bit thicker than normal cupcake batter.


I had to pat myself on the back because this is about the most evenly I've ever distributed batter...


...so I had relatively even cupcakes! AMAZING! And the recipe originally said you could get 2 dozen, but I got about 1 and 1/2 dozen. I don't think you'd want them to be smaller than this.


Yum!



Recipe Source: Family Circle